When did you consider the Beatles to have started?

Friday, June 3, 2011

I GOT TO INTERVIEW PATTIE BOYD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


OMB (Oh my Beatles!*) GUYS! I GOT TO INTERVIEW PATTIE BOYD!!!!!!
Well I first sent her an e-mail via the e-mail address on her website. I had to do a project for English as a final instead of a test. One of the prompts we were given was to choose a book and research it, and why it should be on the reading list (seeing as Wonderful Tonight is my favourite book i picked it). One of the resources was to have an interview with an 'expert' on the book. Since Pattie is a role model of mine, i always wanted to contact her, but i never had a good reason. Now that i needed an interview with an 'expert' I said 'I'll take a long shot and interview the author'. I sent her an e-mail and she didn't reply. So, i changed my topic seeing as i didn't get an interview and there really was no one else to interview. But, a few days ago i looked at my inbox and it said i had an e-mail from her! :D I was SOOOOO excited! It was too  late for the interview for the project but when else am i going to have the chance to interview Pattie Boyd?
I first said (well after asking her for an interview) that she was my role model and i greatly appreciate it. This is the interview:

(Pattie)I'm flattered that you call me your 'role model' I honestly appreciate
it. Also, tell you friend i say 'hello' also. (My friend asked me to say hello for her)
Q: How did you feel before you published your book? Did you feel as if
it wasn't going to get good reviews.
A: For a briefe time i was a little nervous about the reviews but I
became more self confident when I remembered that my friends were the
ones who encouraged me to write it, and then when I sent it I was sure
of my self that I was going to have good reviews.
Q: When you saw that your book got excellent reviews and became a best
seller how did you feel?
A: I was over joyed when I read the reviews. I was shocked that it
became a best seller, I had confidence that it was going to be
successful but I didn't expect it to be a best seller.
Q: It says in the introduction of your book that your friends told you
for a long time to write a book, and for a while you declined to write
one, what made you change your mind?
A: Well, people started telling me to write the book in the 1980s, and I
felt that the book would be lacking and there would not be much to it.
But in 2006 someone brought it up again, and I felt that I had more to
add to the book, and I started writing and I felt much more better about
it and it was more detailed as if I were to write it in the 1980s.
Q: In your book, it says that most of your life you were very shy, and
quiet. By the end of the book you say that you feel more confident. Is
there any particular reason for this?
A: Well one main event that really changed it is when I went on a
mountain climb in Peru and when we were near the top, I felt like I made
a huge accomplishment and I felt that if I climbed a mountain I could do
almost anything and that I had no real reason to be shy or quiet.

(Me)Thank you for answering my questions. I greatly appreciate it.

I hope this helps you with you school project and I hope you do well.
-Pattie Boyd


Now i know people would ask her about George and Eric but i decided not to because since a title of a chapter in wonderful tonight is "The tears begin" i thought it would be a little bit of a touchy subject for her.

* I give credit to Sarah for OMB! You'll see that I will now use it a lot :)

Well that's my bit of excitement for the week. From the girl with severe OBD (Obsessive Beatles Disorder) (Another phrase i will use frequently as well) Adrizz! <3

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is so AWESOME!! Did you just email info@pattieboyd.co.uk?

    ReplyDelete